MoTeC’s GP Auto Transmission Package is a versatile and adaptable platform for the operation of an automatic transmission (with up to 5 gears), independent of any engine control systems.
This Package allows for the operational control of an automatic transmission’s line pressure solenoids, gear shift solenoids, torque convertor lockup clutch solenoids and manual range selector. It also gives users full control of the gear shift points, torque convertor lockup clutch and line pressure. Refer to the Transmission Compatibility section for a full list of capabilities.
Also included are many ancillary features commonly found on race cars, such as anti-lag, driver switches (e.g. pit switch, launch enable, boost trim), knock control, intercooler sprays, launch control, traction control, gearbox, differential and coolant pumps. Also accommodated are many systems found on modified road vehicles, such as air conditioning.
This product is a generic, versatile solution that has been designed for adaptability to a wide range of automatic transmissions. It can control any transmission that has the following electrical requirements and features:
- Up to 5 forward gears. Automatic transmission control Packages with more than 5 gears are in development.
- Up to 5 forward drive gear ranges (e.g. Drive, Drive 3, Drive Low etc.) and 1 Park, Neutral and Reverse range.
- A line pressure control solenoid (Proportional).
- Up to 3 other pressure control solenoids (Proportional or Switched), e.g. 3-2 Solenoid found in GM 4L60E transmission.
- Proportional and/or Switching torque convertor lockup clutch solenoid.
- Up to 4 gear shift solenoids (Proportional or Switched).
- Input and/or output shaft speed sensor. (A driven wheel speed sensor can also be used to determine the output shaft speed).
- Transmission fluid temperature sensor and warning light output.
- Manual range selector position detection using up to 8 position indication switches.
- Gear shift pattern switch.
- Manual up and down gear shift switches.
- Manual/Automatic gear shift mode selection switch.
- Shift lock solenoid.
- Transmission brake solenoid output (Switched).
For more detailed information see Datasheet